Flying with kids can suck. It’s hard enough to travel on long trips alone, but when you get kids in the mix, things can get crazy. And, what are the biggest thing parents complain about when traveling with children? Long-distant flights and uncaring flight attendants.
Well, the management at Emirates Airlines must have a lot of children, because they have done a stellar job with their extras for kids who fly with them.
You have to give them a big round of applause for carrying 2.3 million children to over 140 destinations across 6 continents. With nine current US cities, and an Orlando gateway coming this fall, Emirates is by far one of the most children-friendly airlines that I have traveled on. My favorite was the complimentary strollers when you arrive at Dubai Airport.
The hardest part about getting to a destination? Well, getting to the destination. So, while it’s completely understandable why moms like me choose to keep their kids stateside to avoid the absolutely painful art of Flying With Kids, Emirates has actually made the journey enjoyable. Of course, I’m not a big fan of taking kids in first class, but the business class flights on their new A380’s have enough room and plenty to do for kids to not go stir crazy. The seats turn into beds – so your babies can sleep! And you too.
Here are a few awesome perks for kids travelling with Emirates Airlines:
- Meals for children from two to 12 years are available
- Exclusive children’s magazine called Fly With Me Monster – My Monster Magazine
- Fly with Me Monsters toys with blankets, Sketchers and seatbelt critters
- Brightly colored children’s headsets
- Wide range of children’s movies, TV and interactive games on ICE (information, Communication, and Entertainment system).
- Quiksilver wallets, travel journals, backpacks, cooler bags, storybooks and eye masks
- Priority boarding and a complimentary stroller service at Dubai International airport
- Children’s facilities in the airport lounges
- Skysurfers membership with Emirates Skywards
- Offer assistance with special needs children
- Bassinet capability in Business Class
Kids’ content on ICE
- 10+ new children’s films next month, including Muppets Most Wanted, Mr Peabody & Sherman, The Lego Movie, Justin Bieber: Believe, The Nut Job, Walking with Dinosaurs, Dino Time, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo!, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Sammy 2, Thor: The Dark World and Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright
- 50 Disney Classic movies covering the entire Pirates of the Caribbean series, Toy Story trilogy, Cars 1 & 2, Monsters Inc. & Monsters University, plus timeless classics, such as Mary Poppins, Cinderella, Finding Nemo and Dumbo
- Four fully branded children’s television channels; CBeebies, Disney Junior, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network
- 20+ children’s channels including Fireman Sam, Deadly Pole to Pole, Horrid Henry and many more favorites
- Music: One Direction, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Little Mix, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, The Saturdays and Justin Timberlake, to name but a few.
Kinda makes you want to go on an international trip with your kids, right?
Check out the Emirates Airlines specials.